Hi there! My name is Shazia Wall, I am the Neighbour Navigator at Food for Life.
I am reaching out to community members who are known for amazing community work in multiple languages.
Food for Life is opening an opportunity for Older-adult peer communication focusing on multi-language outreach.
We are so excited about this opportunity to support our community with peer language outreach.
If you or someone you know has the abilities below, I would love to talk to them about getting involved.
Ideal volunteer abilities:
- 55+ years
- Community minded individual
- Ability to speak English and translate and have conversations in the following languages:
Russian, Arabic, Urdu, French, Mandarin, Spanish
- Desire to help people access food and resources in a first languages.
- Comfortable talking on the phone in multiple languages
- If appropriate attending a community program
- Training will be provided By Community Development Halton
- Volunteer commitment of 6 months – 1 year
This outreach will be accessible to your group when it is open.
Please feel welcome to contact me with any questions about this opportunity.
My phone number is provided below.
Excited to hear from you!
Shazia Wall (she/her)
905-635-1106 ext. 225
FOOD FOR LIFE 2258 Mountainside Drive Burlington, ON L7P 1B7