Who we are
The Halton Seniors Advocacy Group is a group of people consisting primarily of, but not limited to, the volunteer board members of CARP Halton Chapter
CARP Halton Chapter 3 is part of a National non-profit, non-partisan organization whose mission is to enhance the quality of life for Halton residents as they age.
To live in a society that allows them to live active, independent, purposeful lives, as they age in the Halton Region.
1. To stimulate their members to take more interest in their local Chapter through regular communications with them and by soliciting their ideas and feedback.
2. Liaise with other similar organisations and to mutually promote common interests.
3. Develop and promote a Halton based benefits program for CARP members.
4. To help promote an active life style.
5. To advocate for senior issues in Halton.
To do this they will:
1. Organize regular meetings which provide the opportunity for members to:
- meet at the local level and be informed on topics of interest through the expertise of informative speakers
- be informed of CARP activities at the Local and National level
- feel that they belong to a worthwhile organization that represents their interests.
2. Communicate with their members and allow for a forum for CARP Halton members to express their ideas.
The Halton Chapter is made up of CARP members who volunteer their time, talent and sense of community spirit to advance CARPs mission and to keep Halton Region members informed of CARPs Advocacy, Benefits and Community activities. Through a volunteer Board and Committees, Halton Chapter provides opportunities for members to get involved in the social issues that affect Canadians as we age and to strengthen CARPs voice and influence locally, regionally and nationally. You will find a list of the current volunteer Board by visiting the Volunteer’s page on this website.
You can see a video about Halton Chapter and its goals at the bottom of this page.
CARP volunteers in Halton organize monthly meetings in both Milton and Burlington which feature speakers who discuss topics of interest to the seniors demographic. Sponsors who provide services to our demographic are invited to these meetings. They will have tables displaying their goods and/or services and where you will be able to obtain more information. The agenda for these meetings is announced on this website and by newsletter which is sent by email to all Chapter members.
You and your friends are invited to attend these monthly meetings (except July, August and December) at either location.
Milton meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at the Seniors Activity Centre, located at 500 Childs Drive.
Burlington meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month at the Burlington Seniors Centre, located at 2285 New Street. These meetings give CARP members an opportunity to meet and socialize with fellow CARP members. Light refreshments are provided. Doors open at 6.30pm and the meetings run from 7.00pm to 9.00pm.
These meetings are FREE and everyone is invited. You will meet new people, have fun, and do good things for your community. Halton Chapter has a number of goals for this year and they would be delighted to have you join them.
And please note, if you are currently a CARP member, or want to become one, there are no additional fees or dues for joining Halton Chapter. In fact, you can support Halton Chapter by simply including Chapter number #3 on the membership form when you become a member, or re-new your membership. By including the Chapter number whether you register online, over the telephone, or on the printed membership form, a portion of your CARP membership fee will be allocated to Halton Chapter so they can continue to be a valued resource in the local Community.